Synagogue & Banquet Suite, Stamford HillNorth london
It is always satisfying to fight off competition to win a new contract. In 2017 we were asked to put in a competitive tender against a couple of other leading firms of electrical engineers. We’d not worked with the developers before, but our reputation had preceded us and they were keen to see what we had to offer. The project, which we’ve only recently completed, turned out to be an 18-month job carrying out all the electrical works in a brand-new building that was to house a synagogue and basement banqueting suite in Stamford Hill.
What we did on this project – the summary
This project consisted of high-end wiring throughout, a sophisticated smart system for building automation, air conditioning, ventilation, LED lighting, solar panels on the roof, a high-tech speaker system in the halls and hallways, state-of-the-art CCTV security system and fire alarm.
Although we were given a reasonable schedule at the outset, as often happens, the brief changed part-way through the project when the client purchased the property next door and incorporated its footprint within the specifications without any change to the completion date.
We were given six months to design and install all the electrics required to make this refurbishment and development project look and feel every bit as upmarket as our client wished it to be.
- Smart System – The primary purpose of the automation system we installed was to control the lighting in the building. In a venue where religious ceremonies and festivities take place on an almost weekly basis, ambiance and frugal cost management are two vital goals. A lighting system that can offer numerous preset illuminations, is timed to go on and off to conserve energy and has the flexibility of a wide variety of manual controls was exactly what was needed.
- Solar Panels – As is the case with many new buildings requiring planning permission today, the local authority places certain energy consumption stipulations on the approval. In this case, one of those stipulations was to lessen the draw on the national grid by using solar panels to take some of the electrical strain. We have been asked to install an increasing number of these for clients in recent years, so this was a simple addition to the project.
- Speaker System – The reputation of the venue as a place for events to be held is tied up in the quality of the equipment available in the building and the speaker system is front and centre in this. We were instructed to install a high-end system in the basement party hall and throughout the hallways so music can be channelled to where it was needed, but also so announcements can be clearly heard wherever you are in the building.
- Alarm System – Much like many religious centres today, this synagogue values its need for security, so we installed a state-of-the-art CCTV security system to ensure the safety of partygoers, members and congregation alike.
- Fire Alarm System – We also installed a sophisticated addressable fire alarm system to cover the entire building with smoke and heat detectors. Being addressable means that you can tell from the control panel which sensor has set the alarm off to ensure a more rapid and appropriate response to any fire emergency.
The project was completed on schedule and the party hall has already started holding events for the community. This project is a great example of how we at AAK Electrical adapt when a client changes a brief. Was it challenging to get everything completed on time? Yes, of course, but we have been doing this for long enough to expect the unexpected and find a solution to make it work.
If you are refurbishing your property or building anew, contact the electrical engineering team you can rely on to deliver on your expectations.
WHAT WE DID
We were amazed and very happy with the service AAK provided for our new workshop in Enfield. The job was done with precision, attention to detail, and very neatly carried out. The fuse board is clearly labeled and no mess when they left. A pleasure to work with. We will definitely use it again and recommend to anyone that likes neat work to use them too. Many thanks
Barzel Steel Ltd
Professional, efficient, and neat. The AAK team have done a great job at our home rewiring the whole house and upgraded the fuse box, Great team of skillful and trustworthy, would highly recommend them.
We had a very good experience with them, Highly recommended.
Very professional approach to every project or job, regardless of size. Do not compromise on their standards. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend you guys to anyone.
I’m most grateful to you for your prompt response to my request for help. I truly love my upgraded house. Stunning LED lights and vibrant undercabinet lights completely changed my kitchen. I am delighted with results and I will definitely use your services again.
Please pass our thanks to Joe for getting the work done so quickly. He was great at explaining the work and left everything spotless. Thanks again.
Ms and Mr Hedges
AAK Electrical has been outstanding in all stages of this project, excellent in terms of organization and efficiency to keep our downtime minimal- actually better than we anticipated. Very tidy, professional, and came with all the certificates, etc. I really appreciate everything you have done. I hope we can do more in the future.
We have done quite a few projects (new builds and refurbishments) with AAK Electrical under the management of Mr. Abish Klein, with the latest being a high-end 34 flats new build in North London. Their commitment to the job and the professionalism of their crew is outstanding. It is a company that I would definitely recommend for any electrical works.
Mondev Constructions Limited